Over the last two years, the Minuteman Road Club’s Women’s program has grown and improved. As the team started to gain prominence regionally, and even nationally, it created its own identity, LadiesFirst Racing. The entire LadiesFirst Racing Team is still a part of the Minuteman Road Club, and part of its participation in the club is to manage the Women’s Developmental Team. The mission for the LadiesFirst Women’s Developmental Team is to give women the support they need to begin racing and progress toward the elite level in road, mountain and cyclocross. Success for the team will be measured by the number of women racing in LadiesFirst Racing kit and the results they produce.
The LadiesFirst Racing Women’s Developmental Team program will offer the following benefits to women who are MRC members and committed to developing their racing skills:
- An online coaching program using the same training principles used for the elite team and prepared by their coach*
- Weekly women-only group rides led by members of the elite team
- On-the-bike skills clinics for cross, road and mountain biking
- Support at several races throughout the year to learn the tricks of the trade
- Monthly team meetings to learn about training and socialize with the other women on the team
If you are interested in joining the team, please email team coach Larry Felton at email@example.com